SECRET #1: Using Known Hashtags
When using certain hashtags such as, #instafollow, #L4L (like 4 like), #F4F (follow 4 follow) and #followback – you’re able to quickly increase followers on Instagram.
But the golden rule here is YOU HAVE TO BE CONSISTENT, and ensure you’re including those hashtags in all of your posts EVERYTIME, this really is the key to success.
And by using this technique you will point the Instagram search engines exactly where to focus those hashtags with your images… giving you the edge over others consistently.
Here’s some popular #hashtags;
#instagood #love #love #amazing #l4l #like4like #f4f #follow4follow #smile #sway #follow #instadaily #igers #food #picoftheday #instacool #girl #boy #followme #instalike #photooftheday #picoftheday #slangdefinition #smile #pretty #lol #cool #pink #swag #sunset #statigram #friends #hair #family #instalove #yum #night #followme #tbt #smile
And according to Instagram, these are some of the ones to avoid;
#underwear #shower #popular (nope, I don’t get this one) #photography (I don’t understand this one at all, it’s a photo sharing platform after all??) #sexy #iphone #instagram (honestly – they don’t like it!) #loseweight #popularpage #ilovemyinstagram – and of course anything pertaining to or with sexual connotationsis banned as well.
SECRET #2: Post On Sundays
Now here’s a neat and little-known trick that seems to work like wild fire!
Ready for it – POST ON A SUNDAY – yep, that simple, because according to Instagram analytics the least posts are made on a Sunday, upping the ante in your favour and increasing your post reach.
Well maybe it’s just laziness, family commitments or just the traditional day of rest that obviously distract users away from Social Media in general on Sundays, either way it’s a win-win for you, giving you a much higher chance to gain visibility and get recognized by other people interested in your posts.
SECRET #3: Post At These Two‘Magic’ Times
Now this one isn’t guess work, we’re talking extensive research here – been analysed by the boffins of science, so who are we to argue.
Because research shows that posting at 2:00 AM and 5:00PM EST are the best times to get potential followers to pay attention to you, giving you the best chance for likes, shares and hopefully increasing those all-important Instagram followers without doing anything “extra”.
Why those times?
Well according to Latergramme, a service-based company that lets users manage and schedule their Instagram posts, they painstakingly scrutinised over 62,000 posts to see which one’s received the most engagement.
And yep, you got it! Those two times prevailed over all others as optimum posting times.
Now let’s be honest, I don’t think it would take Albert Einstein to work out that the 5pm EST is down to people coming home from work and jumping on Instagram to see the latest news and updates, but the 2am EST? Give it a try….
Secret #4: Instagram Bio-Hacking
Your Instagram Bio is the only section you’re able to include a link in. It’s also the first thing potential followers will see before deciding to follow you or not. So it’s essential to make sure this section of your Instagram profile is 100% complete and definitely not ‘spammy’, a
proven to “turn off” potential followers.
Here’s 5 killer tips to get your bio noticed;
- Your Bio Photo – Whether you’re a brand, small business or blogger, you should be using a headshot for your profile pic, not your logo. No reason to be shy here, show your freaking face people! What are you so afraid of? Let people know you are real and you are prepared to interact with them – as I have mentioned in previous blogs – people LOVE to buy from people!
- Make it Short, Succinct and To the Point – You’ve obviously only got a few sentences to suck people in here and let them know exactly what it is that you do, so get your message across fast. Try thinking of the most important 2-3 words that describe your brand or what you do, and build on that.
- Be Relatable – And by that, I mean no need to get all ‘luvvy duvvy’ with a sudden impulse to wear your heart on your sleeve and tell your entire past history, but you really want the reader of your bio to FEEL something, shout out “hell yeah, that’s my kinda profile – FOLLOWING!”. So don’t just be all business like, add a sprinkle of your personality to it, spice it up, be quirky and grab those followers…
- Emoji’s – Hell Yeah! – Emoji’s will break up a normally boring bio of text and subconsciously draws the user’s eye to your text. It makes them actually WANT to read the bio to see why those super cool emoji’s are there.I personally love seeing emoji’s on an Instagram bio. I guess mainly because it’s the unexpected. In a world of business, seriousness and corporate waffle, it’s great to see emoji’s where they would normally not belong.
5. Include Your Email Address – I think it’s a great idea to include your email address in your bio – the simpler it is for people to contact you when you’re in business the less likely you will miss out on HUGE opportunities. For example, let’s say a big-wig from a major website or publication happens across you profile and wants to feature some of your work – well let’s give them the instant opportunity to contact you without aimlessly scrolling around for your contact details, and whilst it’s STILL FRESH IN THE MINDS. Not to mention, it’s also a great and transparent way to let your customers or readers know how to contact you.
SECRET #5: Growing My Followers and Getting Engagement
A great way to grow your followers and increase engagement is by including a CTA or “Call To Action” in your photo captions.
By saying something along the lines of: “Let me know what you think in the comments” or “Make sure you follow me and comment what you think” is a GREAT way to lead Instagrammers down a path you’d like them to follow. Don’t be afraid to do this consistently in all of your posts. In fact I highly recommend it. Let’s train your audience to remain engaged and return to your page often.
Not many people truly understand the psychology of a command (or CTA), but trust me, its human nature to do as we’re told (assuming what we’re told is delivered in a compelling and subtle manner).
In fact just one 7 Letter Magic Word can quickly increase followers dramatically on your Instagram account, a word that is never used to its full potential and is so easily added to your post or image….
You see, as obvious as this may sound, most people don’t include this simple command which surprisingly can spring people into action and engage with you. Remember, the accounts that never include a CTA will never compete with the kind of results top Instagrammers are getting day in, day out.
SECRET #6: Geotagging Domination Tactics
This is especially significant for local businesses, but it’s also critical if you want to attract more Instagram followers from your local area. By simply geotagging your pictures and posts, folks around you WILL see your images in the location’s page and if you’ve done your job right…they’ll start following you.
Just think about it, if you SATURATE your area with pictures and include your C.T.A.’s – you’ll rapidly position yourself as a local celebrity and expert in your niche. This has been proven to be one of the fastest ways to get local fame and highly engaged followers!
The best part is – it’s all been achieved for FREE using Instagram!
Mark Hartfree is an Author, prolific
Blog writer, World Traveller and Online
Entrepreneur who divides his time between
the UK, South America & the Costa Blanca
Coastline in Spain.
His spare time is taken up between his
children and volunteering for local charities.